The positive: something (not sure what) is happening and that I'm on my way to progress. The negative: things that were a breeze for me before are causing days of soreness, meaning that I've fallen off the wagon... and the wagon backed up and made a second round.
I've been trying to stretch, eat more protein, and better things in general, though it's a work in progress. For example, I've had this bottle of greens at my desk forever, and I finally started drinking it. It tastes okay, pretty grassy and a tiny bit sweet due to Stevia, and I think I need some time to work up to the full teaspoon dose. Still, it's a great way to start off the morning and the virtue of greens keeps me from diving into something totally unhealthy for breakfast.
From their representative:
PINES truly provides the closest alternative to a fresh green vegetable in the marketplace today. They’ve been leading the way for almost 40 years, unsurpassed in quality from the seed to the shelf. All PINES products are:
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, RAW, Gluten-Free, OU Kosher.
- Harvested at the optimum growth stage, below 10” tall (jointing stage), to ensure the highest nutrient levels (many other competitors offer “flag grass” which is harvested after the jointing stage and literally drained of its nutritional content).
- Grown in mineral-rich glacial soil using natural rainwater – NOT irrigation water, which can be contaminated with non-organic farm chemicals and animal waste.
- The only wholefood wheatgrass producer to use stainless steel milling equipment resulting in an extremely clean product.
- The only wheatgrass superfood packaged in oxygen-free, amber glass bottles with specially designed metal caps to remove oxygen and provide food as fresh as the day it was made.
- 5-year shelf life.
- ONLY Non-GMO Project Verified Alfalfa current available anywhere!
Anyway, I bet you're wondering what I've been doing that has been making me sore, and the short answer is, pretty much everything from 2/3 mile runs, Insanity, squats, the ab machine... everything. I remember walking at the zoo with Baby Tuesday in the carrier, and even THAT did it. Okay, so it was a hilly zoo, but still.
|Instant squat weight.|
Given that I don't think my workout duration will increase, I can only work on intensity and variety... and maybe frequency. I'm not sure what kinds of fitness gains I will make, but I still have about 5 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose... probably more like 10 because of muscle loss. That's pretty intimidating, but I think it's a more attainable goal than, say, running a marathon. ;)
FTC Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of this product and was not otherwise compensated to provide a positive review.