A while back, I was tagged in a post by Cindy, and as behind as I am on posting my version of it, I still wanted to fill it out.
Luckily, you'll be spared of links because I still haven't moved forward from blogging from my phone yet (soon, I hope!).
1) What is my current health related goal?
I'd like to be able to run a 5k straight without stopping. Pathetically, this is tough for me, though I've only tried twice postpartum. I'm pooping out at around the 2-point-something mile point. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Along with everything else, my lungs took a hit after Baby Tuesday's birth. I didn't follow instructions and do the lung exercises I was told to do in the hospital because I was nauseated and frankly forgot. In the weeks after we came home, I was told I snored, which is not normal for me. One night, I woke up mid-snore and realized it was fluid in my lungs. Luckily, it cleared on its own eventually. Of course, months of lower impact exercising during my pregnancy could also be to blame...
2) What is my biggest irrational fear?
Red lights in the dark, and not having enough money.
3) Do I enjoy wrapping presents?
No. I use (and reuse, hah!) bags mostly. I'll only attempt wrapping if it's a perfect box shape.
4) What is my favorite cross training activity?
Workout videos, like Insanity.
5) If you came to visit me, what would we do?
If Cindy visited, I'd imagine that we'd hang out somewhere in LA (I live more eastward) and our sons could have a play date when mine is older.
6) I have two weeks off work and two round trip plane tickets to anywhere. Where would I go and who would I take?
I was lucky enough to go on some trips before I had the baby (links to old posts would go here), and I can't imagine going anywhere right now with baby in tow. But in the future, we'd like to visit the UK and go back to Japan.
7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to me during a run or a race?
I think had mentioned it somewhere in the blog before, but my first track and field race was 100 meter hurdles because I was subbing for someone, and I think I "ate it" on hurdles 7, 8, 9, and 10. People clapped for me when I finally crossed the finish line. My wounds were cleaned with a water bottle, but the wound to my ego never went away.
8) Three best days of my life? Or at least the top three that come to mind.
1) I know I'm supposed to say the day my son was born, but I was sooo pukey and slept through most of it. So I'm going to say the day (well, night) we all came home from the hospital as a family. I was coherent by then.
2) The day "The Ukrainian" proposed. It was just our moment, and although our wedding day was fun, it was stressful at times.
3) The day I graduated from grad school. Imagining that day was the only thing that kept me going sometimes.
9) Okay, so I HAVE to eat a fast food meal. Which restaurant would I choose and what do I order?
In n Out. Even their meatless option ("grilled cheese") is divine. Second is probably Chick-Fil-A, as politically incorrect as it is. Something about waffle fries and a million sauces is magical to me.
10) Have I ever met a celebrity?
I don't frequent the right part of LA, apparently. I've met my favorite musician, Moby, a few times, and had a few sightings when I'm out, but that's about it.
11) Share a pic of myself in non-workout clothes.
Tuesday and me on Christmas. Haven't been in front of the camera much lately. Another "soon, I hope" thing.
12) If I could choose to have a “do over” and switch careers, what would I choose and why?
Eye doctor? Programmer? But my path led me to meet "The Ukrainian" (we met at work), and thus Baby Tuesday would not exist had I done something else. I'd like to have done something that would make flexible working schedules a little more likely.
13) If I won an Olympic Gold Medal, how do I think I would react?
In what? *LOL*
I'm sure I'd be elated, and then probably post a selfie, haha.
14) What do I want for Christmas?
I'm so late to this that I'm writing for 2015, but I'd like to complete my 30th half marathon, most likely in December. I also can't wait to spend the holidays with a non-newborn version of my son, seeing the holidays through the eyes of a kid again.
Time to work out would be great, too.
Materially, I am sure I will need some new work clothes by then. At the moment, I can use a new pair of house slippers. My current pair is falling apart everywhere in the house.
15) What skill do I lack?
Too many! If I had to pick one, I think I could work on my parking skills. I'm terrible at it but have been able to survive in LA by avoiding areas with tough parking scenarios or just parking further away.
Tagging: I have no idea who is still blogging these days...