I realized that the link to my "bucket list" has kind of disappeared on this blog, and to be quite honest, I haven't visited it in a while.
This year, I should be able to cross off:
- Leave the country (maybe)
- Have a pro photography session (pretty much definite)
- Do a Relay for Life (pretty much definite)
- Go to Hawaii (#1 choice!) or some sort of exotic destination (e.g., Cancun) (maybe)
- Get published (this is vague... to be defined at some point) (maybe)
- Get married (pretty much definite)
- Start a career (this is vague, but what I mean is that I would like to get a full-time/permanent job) (I hope!)
Did you see that third item? Yes, I'm doing a Relay for Life (assuming all goes well)!!!!! The event will take place on a high school track on Saturday, June 9 and will go on for over 24 hours, during which at least one member of the team is required to be moving along on the track. I've never done any of these events requiring this kind of (non-sleeping) endurance, so I imagine this will be really fun and challenging!
Below is my fundraising link, if you're interested. I'm sure most of us have been touched by cancer in one form or another. This team in particular was formed in honor of one of my best bud's father, who passed away in 2007. It was really sad to see him deteriorate, and he very much reminded me of my own dad.
I will definitely blog about the experience -- whether I end up doing a long run on that track in front of everybody and how I hold up sitting around a high school track. =)