This might be the first, or only time, that I have done a post like this. And to be upfront, it'll probably be a rarity. It's not that I don't care for other blogs... I can barely keep up! However, I think that the blogs you read do say something about you, so here goes... maybe you'll find a new read.
In no particular order:
- Cindy's Cooking & Food Porn: Cindy is one of my friends in real life, so I'm probably biased here. Her recipes are often lightened up a little but still very indulgent. This post on The Treats Truck's triple-layer bars is just unfair to my dessert-loving eyes.
- A Journey Toward Pull-up in 5 Cheats or Less: Okay, so this is another one of my real friend's blogs (I guess I don't make friends well over the Internet?), but it's notable because she's doing the new P90X-2 and tracking her progress in close detail. I LOVE how real she is, and it's great to see someone follow the program closely <-- something I can't discipline myself to do!
- Twenty-One Day Habit: This blog is done, but I had been reading for years and think it was one of my favorite blogs ever. Her writing is humorous and engaging, and she handles two kids, teaching as a professor, and running in stride. I will truly miss seeing updates here... perhaps the linkback might encourage some occasional updates??
- Nerds with Food: This is a collaborative blog, with some of my friends as team members. I love the start-up effort and unique foods they have blogged about, including rabbit. The most recent post mentions chicken kebobs made with a Vitamix (no pulverized chicken here!).
- Lotería Chicana: I find this blogger relatable because we both have ties to UCLA, PhDs, running, and are currently both engaged. She also posts social commentary once in a while, which gives the blog more dimension for sure. Plus, when I discovered lotería when I was younger, I loved the little cards so much that my attention is drawn to everything using that theme.
- Run to the Border: He hasn't blogged in a few weeks (again, hoping the backlink will help), but I loved how he documented his first 100-mile race last year. It was amazing to read about all the planning that went behind it as he balanced that with being a good husband and student. Also, he's vegan!
- Running Around Normal: This is one of the few multiple-times-a-day posters' blogs that I actually enjoy reading. She brings up interesting topics within her posts and makes interesting meals without trying to tell me that I should change something about myself.
- I'd Rather Be Eating: Finally, here's my bit of nepotism here. Actually, my youngest sister has a blog but doesn't update often, or else I'd link it here, too. But anyway, this is my oldest sister's blog, and since she runs a lot of races (like Big Sur and other popular races that I have yet to try) , you'll see many more race reports (and actual photos!) than here. If you think I'm too slow to take seriously, she is in a faster bracket... and is also a spin instructor.
Note that I didn't list any "big" bloggers -- not because I don't read any but because I figure people already know about them. Plus, I often feel that when it comes to writing quality and unique content, smaller blogs are the way to go!