I normally don't post on Fridays, but once in a while, I make exceptions.
Especially when I get tagged on a post (e.g., Seven Links). Thanks, Wymberly!
The way this works is that I'm supposed to
1) Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their post
2) Share seven things about yourself
3) Pass this award to 5 recently discovered blogs
Now it's time to list 7 things about myself, I guess.
1) I took salsa classes 1-2 times a week for the better part of last year, until I found it too warm to dance with elder men and think I aggravated my hamstring doing these classes after running and work or even long runs.
2) I have mentioned my lactose troubles many times on this blog (it's mostly under control now, maybe a topic for a different post) I first noticed I was intolerant when I was drinking milk during dinners with my best bud in college, after he showed concern that I was doubling over in pain every night even before the dinner was over. I assumed that this intolerance popped up later in life like it does to many people, but just recently, my mom told me I had to drink "bean" formula (aka, soy) as a baby since the normal kind gave me the runs.
3) Although you might find me worrying about money a lot, my college + grad school loans are down to a couple thousand dollars. Part of that is attributed to an award I got from the dean, but of course, there were other sacrifices I had to make to allow this to happen as well. I'm just very happy to be debt-free soon!
4) I recently got CPR/AED certified, kind of on a whim, but moreso so I could feel like a qualified babysitter to my new niece. They also instructed us on basic doggie CPR... don't ask. =/
5) I absolutely cannot wait to be married (wonder if anyone still wants to marry me after seeing the above picture).
6) My friends' believe that I was Hispanic in another life, since I can still read and understand Spanish pretty decently after being 8+ years removed from passing my Spanish AP test in high school where I had to read, write, and listen en español.
7) My latest project post-dissertation is to submit to academic journals using my research. "Getting published" has always been a life goal of mine, but I didn't think it'd fall into this academic category. Wish me luck!
Here are my five tags of some bloggers I've (somewhat) recently discovered:
The Orange Mask
Everything in Moderation
Little Miss Runshine
Run to the Border
Have a great weekend, all! Be back with Marathon Training and a giveaway post over the weekend!