But today marks five years since I started this blog in a small student government office at UCLA.
|This is what I looked like five years ago....|
My blog pre-dates many things, including:
- finishing and graduating from college
- the death of my high school track coach, who is one of my inspirations
- all but two of my races
- my first marathon
- starting graduate school
- finishing graduate school
- meeting/dating my boyfriend ("The Ukrainian")
- my first trip to Las Vegas
- most of my jobs
- driving my car (I've had a license for 8 years but have only *really* driven for 4)
Not to say that this journey is over. I have contemplated axe-ing this blog a few times, but I'm glad I didn't. A few months ago, I announced that I was taking the blog in a new direction, basically because I was going through a rough time personally. Even so, I still like blogging and intend to continue, for now.
I'm not very fast, coherent, or popular, but to those who have been reading, thank you.
As thanks, I'm hosting a "blog-i-versary" giveaway!
The prize: (based on a bunch of reviews that have appeared on this blog over the years -- let's just call it "Raising the Bar")
- 4 holiday Clif Bars, 2 PureFit bars, 2 Raw Revolution bars, 1 Bheestie, Super Health Diet, and a couple of sample goodies :)
***U.S. residents only.*** Winner will be chosen by Random.org on October 28, 2011 at 12 noon PST.
Ways to enter (leave one comment for each; I will verify if you win):
1) Answer: What were you up to five years ago?
2) Follow me on Twitter: @nobel4lit
3) Follow this blog on Google Friend Connect
4) Add this blog to your blog roll
5) Tweet this giveaway:
Win a 'Raising the Bar' goodie box from @nobel4lit for her 5th blog-i-versary! http://bit.ly/qUCmex
OR link this giveaway on your blog