One of my peers in HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) is on break (out of the country -- major jealousy here) for the next two weeks, which scares the heck out of me. I perform some of the things he does, but he's like a Jedi Master that I like knowing is somewhere in case I need him.
Oh, the stresses of Corporate America.
I'm sure it will be no different from normal, when he's so busy that people often cannot reach him.
So yeah, I can relax. Breathe. Drink a kombucha.
What's kombucha? Unless you don't read any other blogs of this genre, you've probably already heard about this fermented tea beverage. I didn't try any for a long time because when I was first aware of its presence (maybe a year ago?), it was banned from Whole Foods for its small alcohol content.
And then, it came back.
At ~$3.79 per bottle, my second hesitation arose. But I'm glad I finally succumbed to one, because it is VERY refreshing!
- Refreshing and fizzy/bubbly each time you open the bottle, even if it's been awhile!
- Comes in many brands and flavors, though I've only tried Synergy so far. When I'm less poor, I will try more flavors.
- Contains prebiotics to help with digestion and overall health.
- Comes in a hefty, hip glass bottle.
- Don't be like me and open your first-ever kombucha while driving!
- Comes with icky stuff at the bottom that does the fermenting, so if you're turned off by the thought of drinking that (like me), don't shake this beverage.
- The cost, though it takes me a week to go through a bottle for some reason.
- Some people claim it tastes bad. Sure, it's a little strange at first, but I would hardly agree that it tastes like socks. ;)