I usually don't "look forward" to marathons very much, beyond just getting them "over with," but I think a few things have changed my outlook:
1) Following my sister's journey to the Chicago Marathon.
2) Running more than 20 miles this weekend without dying (much).
3) I REALLY need a vacation! I haven't been anywhere truly "away" since maybe May in Santa Barbara, or perhaps in June in San Diego. As for plane rides, I haven't been on one of those since June 2008.
4) My CEP compression sleeves, salt-packet sucking, and GU intake strategy have been helping out with these long runs a lot.
5) I've been pretty good about eating well and really good about my supplements, so I'm starting to feel MUCH better now than I had been.
This Week's Workouts:
Sunday - rest
Monday - 0 mi (of 5); 45 min cardio; some foam roller; 10 min weights
Tuesday - 7.75 (close ENOUGH to 8) mi - outdoors
Wednesday - 2 (of 5) mi; 20 min strength
Thursday - nothing... I drowned my sorrows at happy hour even though I had planned to run afterward
Friday - 5 mi - indoors; 5 min s.bike; 10 min strength; foam roll
Making up for yesterday by combining Thu/Fri workouts as best I could in the allotted time.
Saturday - 12 mi - outdoors
Weekly Mileage: 27