- running song: Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited" : This came on during my workout last night, and I was instantly in the mood to dance around the gym... I recently refreshed my song list, so I am always jammin' on my runs!
- cereal: Cracklin' Oat Bran : Finally, this thing went on sale, and I got some. I swear I ate some of this as a kid and liked it, but it is beyond expensive now. It is crunchy and sweet, each piece the size of small mailing stamp, but I can't eat more than a handful due to a fear of stomach issues from the fiber. Each 3/4 c. serving offers 200 calories and 11 grams of protein.
- show: Heroes (NBC) : This was a toss-up against Glee, but I can see Heroes improving this season (e.g., regretful Sylar and a dying Hiro), and I can certainly do without some of the cheesy lip-syncing and couples with no chemistry (e.g., Will and Emma).
But I recommend watching both, though for casual watching, Glee would win since Heroes builds upon itself intricately. Plus, you'll get some good songs out of it (best ones on the show so far, in my opinion: "Keep Holding On," "I Wanna Sex You Up," "Sweet Caroline," "Don't Stop Belivin" [how Glee got famous in the first place] "Confessions/It's My Life" [mashup], and especially especially "Somebody to Love"). Yep, I'm one of those "gleeks," but heck, I used to do the whole singing and dancing in glee club as well. In fact, I was president! Nowadays, it's all karaoke and singing privately in the car during my commute to/from work or after I reach delirium during long, long runs.
- fruit: bananas : I've posted on them before, but they are now my pre-run fuel and anti-cramping insurance!
- soap: Days of Our Lives : Nope, this isn't a thumbs-up for things that wash off my post-run sweat. I've been (secretly) watching this soap since I was in elementary school. Nowadays, I sometimes catch it in the gym or online, and right now I just want to see Sami Brady (she's the host of The Biggest Loser) end up with a nice guy (Rafe, Lucas, or maybe even EJ). And make Nicole reveal the full fruth already! =P
- makeup product: Maybelline's Full n Soft Mascara : Yes, I am even raving about makeup now. I've tried tons of mascara (even an expensive, well-known one that went madly on sale), and some don't do much for me. And then some are a pain to take off right before a run after work, or get everywhere at the drop of a tear. But this one shows up dark and washes off easily without randomly getting everywhere when I nap, tear, or blink... and it's cheap (drugstore). Only caveat is that it takes a while to dry.
P.S. I realize it's been a while since I've checked my e-mail, but I'll get to it soon....
P.P.S. I'm going to be a teaching assistant next semester! Yep, my first attempt at coming up with a back-up plan for IF I ever finish my dissertation. More details later, probably.